Appeals & Complaints Statement
Harvest BEE Verification’s recognises that the nature of verification services is such that the verification decision is subject to appeal in the event where a measured entity is of the view that their score should be different, and complaints where the Measured Entity has a grievance relating to the agency, it’s people or it’s processes.
Harvest BEE Verification’s has a policy and procedure for the efficient and fair management and review of appeals and complaints from clients who have just cause to appeal their BEE rating as determined through the verification process by Harvest BEE Verification’s.
- Appeals, requests for reconsideration, may be made only in response to verification decisions or actions.
- Further, those appeals or requests for reconsideration may be based only upon the grounds that the verification decision of Harvest BEE Verification was inappropriate because of errors of fact or failure to conform to Harvest BEE Verifications published criteria, policies, or procedures.
- Only conditions known to the Harvest BEE Verification at the time of the Harvest BEE Verifications decision will be considered by Harvest BEE Verification in the cases of appeals or requests for reconsideration.
- The option of an Appeal will be reflected in the Verification Service Agreement between Harvest BEE Verifications and the client.
- The Appeals Policy will be reflected on Harvest BEE website at all times.
- Harvest BEE Verifications are committed to appropriately addressing all complaints to inspire confidence in our verification process.
- Harvest BEE Verifications will investigate all complaints received from measured entities relating to all BEE verification activities for which it is responsible in order to protect Harvest BEE Verifications, its verified entities and other users against errors or omissions or unreasonable behavior.
- Where complaints are found to be valid, every effort will be made to address and resolve the complaints in a manner that meets the requirements for confidentiality as they relate to the complainant and the subject of the complaint.
- Harvest BEE Verifications will not pursue complaints that are not in writing or that are anonymous.
- Harvest BEE Verifications will retain all documentation associated with any such complaint received for a period of not less than five (5) years.
- The option of a Complaint will be reflected in the Verification Service Agreement between Harvest BEE Verifications and the client.
- The Complaints Policy will be reflected on Harvest BEE website at all times.